Monday, February 2, 2009

Dante Gabriel Rossetti Venus Verticordia

Dante Gabriel Rossetti Venus VerticordiaClaude Monet Haystack at GivernyDaniel Ridgway Knight Daniel Ridgway Knight
My help? How can I help you?"
"I want you to show me how to close the openings that the knife makes."
Will swallowed. "I'll show you," he said, "and in return, can you help us?"
"Not in the way you want. I can see what you've been talking about. Your sorrow has left traces in the air. This is no comfort, but believe me, every single being who knows of your dilemma wishes things could be otherwise; but "A "That long..."
"But your reading will be even better then, and fuller than grace that comes freely, and furthermore, once you've gained it, it there are fates that even the most powerful have to submit to. There is nothing I can do to help you change the way things are.""Why...” Lyra began, and found her voice weak and trembling, "why can't I read the alethiometer anymore? Why can't I even do that? That was the one thing I could do really well, and it's just not there anymore, it just vanished as if it had never come...""You read it by grace," said Xaphania, looking at her, "and you can regain it by work.""How long will that take?"

No comments: