Monday, July 7, 2008

Steve Hanks Comfort in Solitude painting

Steve Hanks Comfort in Solitude painting
William Bouguereau The Virgin with Angels painting
The mention of age evidently gave a new turn to Davy's thoughts for after a few moments of reflection, he whispered solemnly:
"Anne, I'm going to be married."
"When?" asked Anne with equal solemnity.
"Oh, not until I'm grown-up, of course."
"Well, that's a relief, Davy. Who is the lady?"
"Stella Fletcher; she's in my class at school. And say, Anne, she's the prettiest girl you ever saw. If I die before I grow up you'll keep an eye on her, won't you?"
"Davy Keith, do stop talking such nonsense," said Marilla severely.
" 'Tisn't nonsense," protested Davy in an injured tone. "She's my promised wife, and if I was to die she'd be my promised widow, wouldn't she? And she hasn't got a soul to look after her except her old grandmother."
"Come and have your supper, Anne," said Marilla, "and don't encourage that child in his absurd talk."

No comments: