Friday, July 11, 2008

Pablo Picasso Le Moulin de la Galette painting

Pablo Picasso Le Moulin de la Galette painting
Tamara de Lempicka Adam and Eve painting
Several years ago, I was still a timid girl, with a tomboy appearance and, to say, quiet sheepish. Being in a state of searching for evidences to prove my excellence, I found none. Disappointment eroded my young heart, but I was always eager to compare myself with my classmates who were then so excellent and outstanding. The more I did so, the more depressed I got. I lost the only confidence I used to have. I dared not to speak in front of many people, and I was afraid to speak out my ideas. For a while, I was besieged by pessimism and self-denial.
Luckily, my class teacher, Mrs. Carmelita, was an observant old lady. Honestly speaking, she was the one who gently pulled me from the fringes of self destruction. One day after school, when all the other students were gone, she gently asked me to stay behind for a special lesson. A special lesson? As I was waiting for punishments from her, I was extremely surprised and puzzled when she took my trembling hands in hers, and told me to look straight into her powerful eyes.
“I know your problems, Bihe.” Her voice was near to whispering, but it cleared the doubts in my heart. “You should know, not a single individual in this world is perfect. It is true there are many people more outstanding than you at present, but if you constantly compare yourself with them, then you will get lost in your own life.”

No comments: