Thursday, June 19, 2008

oil painting for sale

oil painting for sale
"For the sake of the trust."
""The original has no date, but is in the spelling of the middle of the seventeenth century," remarked Musgrave. "I am afraid, however, that it can be of little help to you in solving this mystery."
""At least," said I, `it gives us another mystery, and one which is even more interesting than the first. It may be that the solution of the one may prove to be the solution of the other. You will excuse me, Musgrave, if I say that your butler appears to me to have been a very clever man, and to have had a clearer insight than ten generations of his masters."
""I hardly follow you," said Musgrave. "The paper seems to me to be of no practical importance."
""But to me it seems immensely practical, and I fancy that Brunton took the same view. He had probably seen it before that night on which you caught him."
""It is very possible. We took no pains to hide it."

No comments: