Thursday, June 19, 2008

Louis Aston Knight A Sunny Morning at Beaumont-Le Roger painting

Louis Aston Knight A Sunny Morning at Beaumont-Le Roger painting
Dante Gabriel Rossetti A Vision of Fiammetta painting
""We had better come back to the paper afterwards," said I.
""If you think it really necessary," he answered with some hesitation. ' To continue my statement, however: I relocked the bureau, using the key which Brunton had left, and I had turned to go when I was surprised to find that the butler had returned, and was standing before me.
"'" Mr. Musgrave, sir, he cried in a voice which was hoarse with emotion," I can't bear disgrace, sir. I've always been proud above my station in life, and disgrace would kill me. My blood will be on your head, sir -- it will, indeed -- if you drive me to despair. If you cannot keep me after what has passed, then for God's sake let me give you notice and leave in a month, as if of my own free will. I could stand that, Mr. Musgrave, but not to be cast out before all the folk that I know so well. "
"'" You don't deserve much consideration, Brunton, "I answered. " Your conduct has been most infamous. However, as you have been a long time in the family, I have no wish to

No comments: