Monday, March 2, 2009

Henri Matisse Interior with Phonograph

Henri Matisse Interior with PhonographHenri Matisse Decorative Figure on an Ornamental BackgroundHenri Matisse Blue Still LifeGeorges Seurat The Island of La Grande Jatte
we're the sacrifices," said Rincewind.
"Yes."
"I thought Fate didn't go in for that sort of bargaining. I thought Fate was implacable," said Rincewind.
"Normally, yes. But you two have been thorns in his side for some time. He specified that the sacrifices should be you. He allowed you to escape from the pirates. He allowed you to drift into the Circumfence. Fate can be one mean god at times."
There was a you," said the Lady. "But all I can do is give you one chance. Just one, small chance. The rest is up to you."
She vanished.
"Gosh," said Twoflower, after a while. "That's the first time I've ever seen a goddess."
The door swung open. Garhartra entered, holding a wand in front of him. Behind him were two guards, armed more conventionally with swords.pause. The frog sighed and wandered off under the table."But you can help us?" prompted Twoflower."You amuse me," said the Lady. "I have a sentimental streak. You'd know that, if you were gamblers. So for a little while I rode in a frog's mind and you kindly rescued me, for, as we all know, no-one likes to see pathetic and helpless creatures swept to their death.""Thank you," said Rincewind."The whole mind of Fate is bent against

No comments: