Sunday, March 15, 2009

Georges Seurat The Models

Georges Seurat The ModelsWilliam Blake Songs of InnocenceVincent van Gogh View of Arles with IrisesVincent van Gogh The Old MillVincent van Gogh Girl in White
The duke rose from his chair and put his arms around the sergeant's rusting chain mail shoulders. He was in a bad mood. He had spent half the night washing his hands. He kept thinking that something was whispering in his ear. His breakfast oatmeal had been served up too salty and roasted with an apple in it, and the cook had hysterics in in fact the case?'
The sergeant wrinkled his forehead. Sarcasm had not hitherto entered his life. His experience of people being annoyed with him generally involved shouting and occasional bits of wood.
'No, sir,' he said.
'I wonder why, then, you did not in fact do this thing that I asked?' the kitchen. You could tell the duke was extremely annoyed. He was polite. The duke was the kind of man who becomes more and more agreeable as his temper drains away, until the point is reached where the words 'Thank you so much' have the cutting edge of a guillotine.'Sergeant,' he said, walking the man slowly across the floor.'Sir?''I'm not sure I made your orders clear, sergeant,' said the duke, in snake tones.'Sir?''I mean, it is possible I may have confused you. I meant to say "Bring me a witch, in chains if necessary", but perhaps what I really said was "Go and have a cup of tea". Was this

No comments: