Sunday, October 5, 2008

Louis Aston Knight Cottage by the River painting

Louis Aston Knight Cottage by the River paintingVittore Carpaccio The Virgin Reading paintingCaravaggio Rest on Flight to Egypt painting
Estrangement and misunderstanding in act two.’
‘Oh, don’t talk in that damned bounderish way. Why must you see everything second-hand? Why must this be a play? Why must my conscience be a Pre-Raphaelite picture?’ ‘It’s a way I have.’
‘I hate it.’
Her anger was as unexpected as every change on this evening of swift veering moods. Suddenly she cut me across the face with her switch, a vicious, stinging little blow as hard as she could strike.
‘Now do you see how I hate it?’
She hit me again.
‘All right,’ I said ‘go on.’
Then, though her hand was raised, she stopped and threw the half-peeled wand into the water, where it floated white and black in the moonlight. ‘Did that hurt?’
‘Yes.’

No comments: