Friday, September 5, 2008

Allan R.Banks paintings

Allan R.Banks paintings
Andrea Mantegna paintings
Arthur Hughes paintings
frightened now. "What does that mean, anyhow?"
He drew back. "Land sakes, sir, I wasn't messin' with no tapes! I just come by with ol' sweeper and hears this squallin' -- what I gone do, let the poor child get his brains et?"
His complaint -- to whom, I could not imagine -- turned into a senseless mumble, thence to a mournful snatch of song about a certain Shore where (not unlike the brothers Gruff) he looked to find his heart's desire, could he but cross to it. Then he broke off singing with a scoff.
"Pass All Fail All! Ain't no child gone die in these here stacks!" He thrust his other arm under my legs, picked me up, and started down the aisle. I protested until I heard him say -- still more to himself than to me -- "I gone fetch you out of here, fore we both gets et. Dr. Spielman know what's what."
Just then a voice I knew called, "George?" and my heart sprang up, for Max himself crossed the end of our aisle. He peered in, not recognizing me for an instant, and then hurried to us.
"Yi Billy, what's this now!"

No comments: