Tuesday, July 22, 2008

William Bouguereau paintings

William Bouguereau paintings
Yvonne Jeanette Karlsen paintings
Boston's famed Berklee School of music, also wrote a dot-com blues which got a lot of play on jazz radio two years ago. "I went and got online and wasted time and burned up my dime," singer Miles Griffith intones in Elf's tune. "This is a thing I can't get with, I must really be a stiff."Elf's song came about when he got a business card with a URL on it at from a friend at a jazz convention. Elf's card just had a phone number and a wrong address, and he had the dot-com blues. "I'm thinking of all the people that are trying to get online, and the ISP, the server throws them off line — everybody's got the dot-com blues," he said. But Elf's past that blues; now he runs his own Web site. "It was in the beginning a very trying experience but [it’s] turning out to be a very happy one, now especially since I've got a cable modem ... this thing is smokin' and that's no jokin.'"

No comments: